• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Capping sand with aquasoil or substitution?

parotet

Hi all

I am planning to re-scape a little bit one of my tanks which has areas with white sand (foreground) and aquasoil (background). I want all the substrate to look homogeneous (just aesthetics) but to do so I am not sure if it is better to let the aquasoil from the background fall over the sand (thus a kind of progressive capping. Actually I have to remove it weekly if I want to keep the foreground white) or if it would be better to vacuum as much sand as I can and then add aquasoil (from the tank or new one).
My guess is that it doesn't really matter if the sand is covered with aquasoil and that substrate's substitution will cause much more disturbance in the tank... right or wrong?

Jordi

Sand capped with aquasoil will become stagnent which may or may not be a bad thing.
If you are going to add a carpet id say it would be fine, otherwise youd be best off syphoning the sand out first.

Back