• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cardinal Tetras and Aquasoil

Krishs Bettas

I have hard water in my house and i was wondering if anyone has used aquasoil to make the water soft for cardinals tetras.

Same as I posted in your other thread, hard water and I keep a group of 12 of them fine without trying to alter PH. Hope that helps,

Regards, James

Hi all,
You can't really successfully soften water by adding things, the problem is that most soft water fish come from water that is both low in pH and low in TDS, as you add compounds the TDS will inevitably rise, even if the ratio of dissolved acids and alkalis swings back towards parity (at pH7).

I'd try for stability and good water quality, as James suggests.

cheers Darrel

RO water is the best route really.

Aquasoil will only lower pH (I think) and it depends which one you pick.

I have 3l of ADA Aquasoil Amazonia 1 that is 9 months olds in a 20l tank and it lowers my Kh of 13 from the tap to 2, and Ph from 8.3 to 6.5.

As per Darrel, lowering the ph isn't what you actually want, low levels of dissolved solids is what you want.
The other thing to consider is that it's almost certain that the cardinals you'll be able to get will be farmed and much more used to harder waters.

Back