• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cardinal Tetras and Flow

Greenview

My 10 Cardinals seem to spend most of their time hiding among the plants in my 180 litre rather than schooling around the tank; when the filters are off (for maintenance or after local application of easycarbo) they swim around the tank but at other times they are at the back of the tank. I do not have overpowering filters (a couple of Eheim 2217s and a koralia powerhead), but it looks like they do not like the flow. I know others keep these fish with more flow than me so is this a familiar scenario? Any advice?

Kept on many occasions in very over filtered plec tanks and they loved the flow.

Are yours new additions?, they could be just getting used to there surrounds if so.

Thanks, so maybe not the flow then. They are not that new in the tank, they have been there for 4 months and were fine until I added 6 Black Phantom Tetras 2 months ago. It could be that these more recent additions are intimidating them, but this would not explain their visibility once the filters are off.

Back