• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cayman 80, Laurens

Laurens

Seedling
Hello, I want to show you guys my aquarium. First of all some information:
Size of the aquarium: 81,5x36x52,5 (120L ˜ 30 gallon)
Lighting: 2x 18watt TL-bulbs, 830 & 840 for an Amazone look.
Filtration: JBL CristalProfi e900 (external)
Heating: Ferplast BluClima 100 watt
CO2: Ferplast Bio CO2 system, I added an extra bottle of bio co2 to get more bubbles.
Soil: Colombo FloraBase

Flora:
Nomaphila stricta
Hygrophila difformis
Cryptocoryne lutea
Cryptocoryne wendtii (brown)
Nymphaea lotus
Vallisneria gigantea
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Lobelia cardinalis
Staurogyne sp.
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Rotala walichii
Limnophila aquatica
Rotala macandra (green)
Micranthemum umbrosum
Vesicularia dubyana
Pistia stratiotes
Sagittaria subulata
Alternanthera rosefolia
Riccia Fluitans

Fauna:
14 Nannostomus Beckfordi
10 Corydoras Sterbai
3 Hypancistrus Contradens (L201)
15 Fire shrimps

Aquarium, already an old picture:
Aqua.jpg

Cory Sterbai:
Sterbai.jpg

L201:
L2013.jpg

L201 again:
L2012.jpg

I hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think about it.

The corydoras sterbai is stunning, I really want a gang of those, there actually one of my top 3fish!

The tank is cool also got that jungle feel witch really suits a tank with cool fish haha, like a iwagumi for shoaling neons nature aquarium for shrimp and rasboras and jungles for corydoras apistogramma pencil fish hatchet fish.....basically all the cool fish haha

Thanks, I also love the Sterbai's. They're the most beautiful Cory's imho. Well it's not really jungle style, it's dutch style. There some difference between dutch style and jungle style. Dutch style has more stem plants and small streets of plants. But you are right about the fish lol. I'm also getting three Apistogramma Cacatuoides later on :).

Ok sorry mate, looks abit overgrown, I havnt seen many dutchs the o es I have looked militantly trimmed.

Good luck

Very nice. Liking the jungle overgrown style. It will look so much different in a week or so, keep the pics coming.

Thanks for all the replies. I know it looks like jungle but it needs to look like a dutch style aquarium :p. It's not because I am dutch or anything but it's because I love the style. In Holland we have some great aquarists who make beautiful dutch style aquariums. My biggest example is by Willem van Wezel:
bouw11.jpg

nayr88 said:
Ok sorry mate, looks abit overgrown, I havnt seen many dutchs the o es I have looked militantly trimmed.

Good luck

Lol no problem. It does look a bit overgrown. I'm trimming and replanting the stems ;).

Hey I love your jungle style tank!
That Dutch fella has a nice tank but he's got a way to go before he matches your jungle.
Top marks in my book! Well done

If I ever wish to do a jungle style tank I may come back to you. I think you've really created a perfect jungle feel and I bet your fish love their jungle home.

Great work :)

Back