• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

ceratopteris thalictroides

klay

Does this plant have to be anchored to wood/stone or can it be planted directly into substrate? I've looked at tropica site but can't tell by looking at the pic.
Thanks, Paul

Graeme Edwards

Founder
It isn't actually a stem plant, it growth like a rosette plant, but rolls its new leaves out like bracken or ferns. It also works well as a floating plant.
One of my fav plants,great for low teck/lowlight tanks, but can look awesome in high ligh set ups.

CHeers.

vauxhallmark

Graeme Edwards said:
It isn't actually a stem plant, it growth like a rosette plant, but rolls its new leaves out like bracken or ferns. It also works well as a floating plant.

CHeers.

It IS a fern, not like a fern!

:lol:

Mark

klay

It is listed as a fern in one of the online shops. I intend to use it to 'bulk out' the plant mass in a new set up and being able to plant directly into substrate makes life a little easier.

Thanks for replies, Paul

klay

Iliveinazoo said:
Mine died slowly until I uprooted it and now that it's floating it grows like crazy.

What type of substrate are you using? Are you adding ferts? I don't really want to use it as a floating plant

Thanks ,Paul

Iliveinazoo

I've got eco complete under sand and dose easycarbo daily with macro and micro ferts every other day (when I remember). Maybe it would work with gravel or you could tie it to a rock or piece of wood?

klay

Rock and wood is earmarked for anubias. I intend to plant an open area with c t in a gravel substrate. I'll let you know how I get on, maybe I'll end up with a tank of floating fern too :lol: