• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cheap regulator+solenoid

discusdan

Hey guys. I'm thinking of setting up a diy co2 system using a fire extinguisher. Currently running a yeast system but I've added a lot of plants and need to get more co2 into the tank.

I've seen this cheap regulator and solenoid on e-bay that seems a bargain. Has any one got one of these and if so whats it like?

CO2 regulator with solenoid magetic valve aquarium | eBay

I've seen some that are 4x the price but moneys a bit limited so I need to get this as cheap as possible.

cheers.

I did see that one as well, but was drawn to the other one because of the price but i'm not sure if it will fit a uk FE. the ad is a bit vague and its sometimes a bit hit and miss getting stuff from HK.

For a few more quid It might be worth getting the one you linked to.

Did it bolt straight onto the FE? no need for adapters. whats the solenoid like? any issue with over heating or leaks?

I was looking at the £29 reg too, i'm sure it will fit uk Fe but dont quote me! Consider postage too @ £15.
I got hold of one of those co2 supermarket regs last week, the guages are not that secure and it seemed a bit flimsy, I ended up getting one of these, it a good bit of kit, well worth the extra few quid IMO. CO2 Regulators
I

I did see that one as well, but was drawn to the other one because of the price but i'm not sure if it will fit a uk FE. the ad is a bit vague and its sometimes a bit hit and miss getting stuff from HK.

For a few more quid It might be worth getting the one you linked to.

Did it bolt straight onto the FE? no need for adapters. whats the solenoid like? any issue with over heating or leaks?

Yeah, it bolts straight on without adaptors.
You get additional washers with it too so no need to buy replacements for a while.

Im ot sure I would agree that my unit feels flimsy or the gauges are secure. the whole thing felt solid to me.
But Im not edperienced with regs. So maybe there are much more solid ones out there.
The solenoid seems perfect so far, no heat, works great and isnt loud either - a problem I know some people have had with other solenoids.

Agree with Andrew. I to bought the reg from the site and haven't had any specific problems with it so far.
I had a leak between the Reg and FE but that;'s because connection wasn't tight enough - which can happen on any Reg+FE setup.

So far so good, I did however see a missing number on the needle pressure gauge. haha

I can't remember from the top of my head, but I think it's a half-point.
So rather then 10 dashes between each whole number, there is only 9 on one.
I'll check once I'm home :)

I have two of the co2 supermarket ones and they have been fine for about six months now. Hope this helps

Back