• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Check valve and bubble counter.

Martin cape

Hi, gonna be setting my CO2 FE system up after the new year.

I would like some recommendations on bubble counters and check valves.

Ill be using an atomiser so the pressure will be between 1.5 and 2 bad probably. I've been looking at the Flo glass check valves and bubble counters. But I want to know if they are any good? The bubble counter looks like it will easily suck water back to the check valve.

Working at atomiser pressures I had problems getting the glass counter and check valves to stay on. They would pop off under the pressure. I was using soft tubing, perhaps the harder stuff may stay on bit it's also quite difficult to take off and put on with the fragile glassware. I use them at the moment but using a reactor there's no pressure build up. For atomiser pressures I found the metal rhinox valve and bubble counters where you had threaded connectors worked best.

Do you have a link for them pal?
The check valve can be found here Rhinox Brass Check Valve -Fish Tank Live Aquarium Plant items in AquaticMagic store on eBay! as for bubble counters I have only tried one at high pressure which was the plastic type with a threaded end so you can tighten the nuts down on the pipe. With the glass ones you mention either the BC or the CV would pop off. Eventually I stopped using atomisers. they're themselves often floored either not working or they blow holes in them. sometimes the regulator which should take the pressure doesn't work.

;) I will have to read this back in the morning to see if this make sense a bit more sober. I might even have one lying about for you to try.

Haha. I've ordered the check valve. God knows when it'll turn up from Hong Kong.

I know what ya mean, I'm going onto the Baileys now. Had enough John Smiths for one night!!

Should be no more than 2week mate. Hmm baileys, now there's an idea.

Back