• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros A series rough guess

one light at 50cm to substrate will grow anything you need, including HC which you can see in my journals at a similar distance. HC will also grow with one unit dimmed, good co2 distribution is more important than really high light.

Thanks Ian. That's reassuring to know since I can't really fit anymore redundant fishkeeping hardware in my loft haha. Could you link your journal or are they easily accessed another way?

Hi, I've one 50cm a series on a fluval spec v - it's very bright but variable using the dimmer & floating plants. Hinterfeld post output in lumens for each model on their website. If you've 'downsized' have you the 55litre 40cm cube? I'd think it would be medium to high light? But if you don't want to use co2, liquid co2 may not be too expensive for a tank this size as an alternative?

Hi. I was tempted by the 55 but they didn't have any in for me to look at so I went with the 85. My previous tank was a 180 bowfront positioned between a wall and a chimney breast. It was just too difficult to work with.

Can anyone recommend a good filter for this tank? I'm thinking internal and using powerheads to move water. Failing that I could hook up my fluval 205. By the time the media, tubing and spray bar is taken in to about id probably be looking at 6 times turnover.

Anyone want to buy a JBL e1501? To the loft I think.

Hi. I was tempted by the 55 but they didn't have any in for me to look at so I went with the 85. My previous tank was a 180 bowfront positioned between a wall and a chimney breast. It was just too difficult to work with.

Can anyone recommend a good filter for this tank? I'm thinking internal and using powerheads to move water. Failing that I could hook up my fluval 205. By the time the media, tubing and spray bar is taken in to about id probably be looking at 6 times turnover.

Anyone want to buy a JBL e1501? To the loft I think.

Keep it for the next one ☺ eheim ecco pro 200 @ £80!!! http://www.exoticaquatics.co.uk/eheim-ecco-pro200-2034 ... If you order before Fri? Got one on Sunday!

Back