• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

chiller maintainance

Rabb.D

helo,

i was just wondering whether it is necessary to empty the chiller of water when its not in use... does having water in the chiller spoil it somehow, when it is not running?

I am not sure how to answer your question but if it is a chiller fitted out with a matrix of titanium tube & you want to switch the chiller off but leave it connected to you system - then the trapped water will turn anaerobic & when you next switched it on the water may well be toxic.
Do you live somewhere tropical?

foxfish said:
I am not sure how to answer your question but if it is a chiller fitted out with a matrix of titanium tube & you want to switch the chiller off but leave it connected to you system - then the trapped water will turn anaerobic & when you next switched it on the water may well be toxic.
Do you live somewhere tropical?

sorry for the late reply was dealing with a small disaster with my tank, and thanks for the reply... so its your opinion that the only concern here is that the water will become toxic when i run it through the filter again? the thing is i lost my instruction manual... and there is nowhere to download it online so i'm not to sure how to empty the chiller without tilting it to on its sides, which i am afraid will damage the insides... hence my question whether it is necessary in the first place...

and i do actually live in a tropical country in Malaysia... even though its the rainy season with lowest at 24 celcius its still hot indoors, and considering we(my whole family) never use the aircond downstairs its still a little too hot... there is actually a local forum called MAC its in the link, but i ask here because there tends to be a faster response especially with my past questions you've probably been answering them all :D so thanks anyways

Back