• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chilli Rasbora

Lemsip

Anyone have any experience with chilli rasboras?

Looking to get a few for my 23L - wondering what the minimum size for the shoal would be for them to be most comfortable. It's only populated by cherry shrimp and 3 otos at the moment. (alot of plants so not too concerned about the shrimp population).

I don't have Chilli Rasboras, but I do have Neon Green Rasboras - Microdevario Kubotai

I bought a shoal of 11 (one free!) and they are totally happy and confident in my Rio 125 planted with Danio Choprai, and a young pair of Pearl Gouramis. Showing colours well - even the blue iridescence on the top of the body is evident :D

I would have at least 6 in your 23L so that they feel like a shoal.

6 Should be fine in 23L, they are tiny little things. Other microrasboras would probably be fine too. Considered endlers or ember tetras? Both pretty tiny as well.

Have 4 (very hard to find here) and they are fantastic little fish, especially for shoaling! colours are really good in my planted rio 125 so presume they feel most comfortable

oh and no problems feeding them aswell!

i have 26 of these wonderful boraras. Very peaceful. No fighting at all. But very easily intimidated by other fish species- even ones of similar size. I also have microdevario, comparing the two is easy. microdevario are an asbo waiting to happen, the boraras in contrast are angelic. great little fish, i love them and will be getting another 20 as soon as i can find them. my local ma has b. uruphalmoides labelled as b. brigittae.

Rasboras are my new favorites they are not timid, but quite brave for their size, like swimming against the flow, they are playful and schoal. I have Maculatus and Boraras urophthalmoides they enjoy company of each other

Thanks for the replies, will be picking up 8 this weekend!

Maidenhead Aquatics in Arborfield, tried a few LFS and they are the only ones in stock.

was there a few weeks ago! world of water are getting me 20 to go with my 26. Exciting :)

might go up to 60 yet. We will see how busy it looks in my 260 litre. :) love these fish.

darren636 said:
was there a few weeks ago! world of water are getting me 20 to go with my 26. Exciting :)

Which shop do you think is the best in the Reading area? The Winnersh Maidenhead Aquatics is my closest but the stocking seems pretty dissapointing.

My heater packed in the same weekend so getting some next weekend instead - probably quite lucky as I only have shrimp/otos in it at the moment!

What do people feed them btw? Regular flake food but crushed up so its easier for them to eat?

shrimp or otos'??? for shrimp use a dedicated shrimp food and otos' need plenty of algae and stuff like vegetables- cucumber etc. the arborfield ma is ok. i tend to use ma in farnham , guildford and woking. also the ma in bracknell has my vote too.

I mean the chilli rasboras! Wondering if I need to pick up any particular food for them or if they'd be happy with regular flake food.

mine take micro flakes. Hikari micro pellets and also daphnia ...although most daphnia are too big for these little fish. i am going to try the zm systems fry food.

£.1.50 at ma reading !!!! must get my q tank sorted.

Think they are even cheaper in bulk aswell - did you see how many they had? Been meaning to pick some up but been replanting first.

Back