Clean up crew for a 60l

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Jon1706, 15 Jan 2010.

1. Jon1706

Jon1706 Member

I am looking for a good clean up crew for my 60l set up. My lfs sells Zebra Snail are these any good? I also have two dwaf afican fogs as well since I was told these eat food which is left over food as well as fresh blood worms also my g/f liked them. Any ides what be great ty. :D

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

i'd put in about 20 or so amano shrimp and half a dozen ottos.

3. Jon1706

Jon1706 Member

Hi Saintly, will the shrimps be ok with the frogs and do you had them say 5 at a time or all at one go?

4. Garuf

Garuf Member

Those frogs are such an issue, the true dwarfs drown because anything more powerful than a sponge filter is too strong for them to swim against and the ones that aren't end up huge ugly fish eaters. :thumbdown:

5. Jon1706

Jon1706 Member

I've had these a year now and had no probs with fish been eatten so far and they not that big :) now Im worried :(

6. PM

PM Member

I would go easy on the ottos, I have 2 in my 54L, I find that there isn't enough food around to support more in my tank, I had more but they died, and I tried feeding MANY different foods but they don't seem to pick up on it at all.

The two I have are nice and fat and healthy, and have been with me for about 3 years! :D