• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning algae from bogwood

A tartar scraper (ADA Pro Picker :) ) should do if you can't lower the water level/remove the hardscape to clean it with liquid carbon.

I might try a full black out for a few days and massive water changes and then try liquid carbon. If I do use LC it will have to be part of a full tank strip down as the hard scaping is so large and the tank so deep and there's so much algae.
(I know it's largely down to lack of maintainance, so that needs to change too.)

I might try a full black out for a few days and massive water changes and then try liquid carbon. If I do use LC it will have to be part of a full tank strip down as the hard scaping is so large and the tank so deep and there's so much algae.
(I know it's largely down to lack of maintainance, so that needs to change too.)
Why not just get on top of maintenance, and dose liquid carbon to the water column......the algae should go of its own accord and no need to do a full strip down if you don't need to. Then get back into a routine of regular weekly maintenance :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Why not just get on top of maintenance, and dose liquid carbon to the water column......the algae should go of its own accord and no need to do a full strip down if you don't need to. Then get back into a routine of regular weekly maintenance :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

This is the approach I'm taking to deal with an algae outbreak in my little nano (due to minor neglect combined with too much light). Any single intervention will just get you back to a starting point, you need a plan for controlling things longer term. Either that, or patience :D.

Back