• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Both look great, I love the right hand one , love the colours and layout, amazing how trends come and go , at the moment I love nanos for there ease or maintenance and lower cost etc.

bigger tanks have so much possibilities 😅 can't win. At the moment I am unable to have a larger tank and can't make my mind upwith size to go for , was looking at small dooa ones then no filter and now I honestly don't know. but this has inspired me 😁.

Thanks dean

Both look great, I love the right hand one , love the colours and layout, amazing how trends come and go , at the moment I love nanos for there ease or maintenance and lower cost etc.

bigger tanks have so much possibilities 😅 can't win. At the moment I am unable to have a larger tank and can't make my mind upwith size to go for , was looking at small dooa ones then no filter and now I honestly don't know. but this has inspired me 😁.

Thanks dean
Just use your cube 10 mate, filtration is already there. Get a light, get it planted.
If anything it will at least keep you busy until you get something else.
It will also give you a chance to get some plants growing and collected.

I know you’re not keen on it for an aquascape, but it’s a lovely little tank IMO.

(Won’t hijack this thread any further)

Thanks dean
Hi Dean, I always liked the smaller tanks 60cm and less, I feel they are easier to enjoy and keep, sometimes harder to scape but you can keep multiples nano tanks while an big tank requires so much maintenance in comparison.

Price wise too, I’ve been doing a lot of contest too in the past and when you have to rescape your tank every 8-10months, nano doesn’t require the same budget than 90-120p sized tanks ofc.

Actually I spend 1h30 weekly for maintenance, and this is for 4x nano tanks including 2 high tech and 2 low tech.

If I still had my 140liters, I would spend this amount of time per week just for this one. Not even talking about a 90-120p :)

Left hand tank is the perfect setup to me.
Simple setup with the perfect fish.

Actually it’s not that easy to maintain because the eriocaulon and hc Cuba are growing fast , but yeah will try to do an proper finish before plants took over , really enjoying the hakkai stones!

Hi Dean, I always liked the smaller tanks 60cm and less, I feel they are easier to enjoy and keep, sometimes harder to scape but you can keep multiples nano tanks while an big tank requires so much maintenance in comparison.

Price wise too, I’ve been doing a lot of contest too in the past and when you have to rescape your tank every 8-10months, nano doesn’t require the same budget than 90-120p sized tanks ofc.

Actually I spend 1h30 weekly for maintenance, and this is for 4x nano tanks including 2 high tech and 2 low tech.

If I still had my 140liters, I would spend this amount of time per week just for this one. Not even talking about a 90-120p :)
That's it, I had my 900 and live the scope and size a what you can do but to rescape with new materials takes days and a bucket of money, so end up barley ever doing it as to busy with kids and work etc. I can't decide meeting a few sizes as see them online and look great.

45f tmwith plants out the top etc
Ada mini s or m
Uns 3n or 5n

Trouble is I really like the look of the uns blitz filter but only good for 3 gallon o think and I don't have much room for filter and heater , only oase filters really with built in. I am liking the ada mini m or s and have high tech like yours at the moment but no mad rush.

Looks great though so keep us up-to-date 😁, I was away a while when took down my nano reef but glad to he back.

Dean

Are you taking a break on contest tanks?

Not that I'm suggesting you should get back to it, I'm just curious.

It's great to see your tanks again.

Yes mate, I feel it’s not worthy anymore since I was mainly doing iaplc and participating with something less than 90cm is like running a marathon with a single leg.

I’d rather enjoy the tanks for myself these days , and concentrate on growing plants and breeding shrimps.

Cheers ✌🏻

That's it, I had my 900 and live the scope and size a what you can do but to rescape with new materials takes days and a bucket of money, so end up barley ever doing it as to busy with kids and work etc. I can't decide meeting a few sizes as see them online and look great.

45f tmwith plants out the top etc
Ada mini s or m
Uns 3n or 5n

Trouble is I really like the look of the uns blitz filter but only good for 3 gallon o think and I don't have much room for filter and heater , only oase filters really with built in. I am liking the ada mini m or s and have high tech like yours at the moment but no mad rush.

Looks great though so keep us up-to-date 😁, I was away a while when took down my nano reef but glad to he back.

Dean

Hi Dean, I would recommend the Ada mini M size, the Mini S is cute but really small for plants and ofc livestock apart shrimps.

Last edited:
Back