• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Diffuser

Aaron&Melanie

Seedling
Was just wondering whats best, ceramic or glass? And is there a decent cheap diffuser?

See loads, but don't know what's any good.

Cheers

They almost all have a ceramic disc, unless you're using a reactor. I stopped using glass because I kept breaking the bloody things. On my main tank I'm using UP inline but in my office nano I'm using a sera acrylic one. Not cheap (about £20 I think) but has built in bubble counter and best diffusion I've seen on an in-tank diffuser.

Will that work fine with a nutrafin natural system? Trying to make it a cheapish system

Aaron&Melanie said:
Will that work fine with a nutrafin natural system? Trying to make it a cheapish system

Is this the tablet form of co2 injection? Or yeast? Either will NOT work on a ceramic disk.

Could possibly work on a standard airstone.

Whitey89 said:
Aaron&Melanie said:

Is this the tablet form of co2 injection? Or yeast? Either will NOT work on a ceramic disk.

Could possibly work on a standard airstone.

Yeast works fine on a ceramic glass diffuser as long as the diffuser isn't to big :thumbup:

Ceramic discs work fine with DIY C02, it takes a while for the pressure to build up, but it works. I used one a while back in a nano with the nutrafin kit.

The problem with the nutrafin kit is that it only holds 500ml, so you'd be best to use it in a nano tank.

What would be a good diffuser then? It's a nano setup, looking for something better than the ladder it comes with, any suggestions?

Cheers

Aaron&Melanie said:
What would be a good diffuser then? It's a nano setup, looking for something better than the ladder it comes with, any suggestions?

Cheers

Ladder setups are good,
Because you can monitor injection rate too. Thought it was a DIY sorry Jen :)

Regards

Whitey89 said:
Aaron&Melanie said:

Cheers

Ladder setups are good,
Because you can monitor injection rate too. Thought it was a DIY sorry Jen :)

Regards

:thumbup:... have to agree with Nath though, i found the ladders to be far more effective :)

Back