co2 dump

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Mark Evans, 29 Jun 2008.

1. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

in anyones experience, is it posable to get some kind of co2 dump/rubish from the end of a cylinder. and if so can it haze the water slightly?

ive checked on my new setup and the wayer has a SLIGHT haze.checked my co2 and the bottle was nearly empty.

2. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

It is possible for some regulators to empty the remainer of a tank when it gets almost out.. although Ive never experienced this. But Id say your fish would be dead long before you had any discolouration of the water, unless you had some kind of polluted gas in the tank which would be highly unlikely.

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

thanks matt

4. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Newly set up tank, Mark? Slight haze maybe bacterial bloom and/or new Aqua Soil.

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

well, i was thinking of the aqua soil, but never had one glitch with the bigger tank. its stayed clear throughout. but used malaya on that setup. i wasnt sure if amazonia was different in anyway.

ive done a 50% waterchange and its crystal again. + plus a new co2 cylinder.

6. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Amazonia is more nutrient-rich than Malaya. Plus you have more water in the bigger tank...

I had clouding in my nano with Amazonia. Cleared up after a few weeks and regular water changes.

7. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

cool, :D

tar very much.