• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 + External. Which route?

spyder

I'm grabbing a Fluval 305 for my 125 tank and was going with an in tank glass diffuser but now I'm pondering over an inline reactor. Apart from keeping more "bits" out of the tank does the inline reactor method have any other benefits over other injection methods? As all this is kinda new to me any recommendations for a reactor suitable for this size setup that won't break the bank would be appreciated.

I won't DIY with this as a leak could mean a lot of water on the floor :lol:

Cheers.

If you use something like a AquaMedic 1000 Reactor it means you don't have any tiny co2 bubbles and the fizzing noise you get from having a diffuser. Personally I prefer not having the bubbles. It also seems to dissolve CO2 more efficiently. On the downside, if your filter isn't very strong the reactor will make a bit of gurgling noise, the stornger filter the less of a noise (I upgrade my filter to 2000l/hour and the noise is gone). It will also reduce the flow of your filter by a small amount.

bigmatt said:
After seeing a UP atomizer on Garuf's i went straight out and ordered one - bloomin' amazing distribution! About £15 off eBay
Hope this helps,
Matt

I've had one for abit now, well pleased with it, cheap too and got it withing 7workingdays of paying :)

bjorn said:
If you use something like a AquaMedic 1000 Reactor it means you don't have any tiny co2 bubbles and the fizzing noise you get from having a diffuser. Personally I prefer not having the bubbles. It also seems to dissolve CO2 more efficiently. On the downside, if your filter isn't very strong the reactor will make a bit of gurgling noise, the stornger filter the less of a noise (I upgrade my filter to 2000l/hour and the noise is gone). It will also reduce the flow of your filter by a small amount.

Oooh the size of it. I'm getting used to the little gushes and micro bubbles whizzing around in my nano but that may change. It's like an indication that the gas is still going in and help show flow. It sure looks like a beast but a little over my planned budget for this setup. Maybe a contender for the next tank. :D

Thanks all for the suggestions and guidance. :thumbup:

Will be trying the UP reactor.

Back