• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 gas bottle "neck" extension?

Chrispowell

Hi all,

I'm looking for a part to screw on my co2 gas cylinder that will extend the distance between the bottle outlet and my gauges?

At the moment I can't tighten my gauges up properly because the close up to the bottle..

Any idea if this part exists and what it's called?

Thanks

I believe its called the inlet nipple. Search it on the net. Not sure it's what you looking for though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I never seen extenders, but i've seen different lenghts of inlet stems on regulators.. These inlet stems are replacable..
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-parts-pid-8404.html

No idea actualy with the today hobby series regulators around if this stem is a DIN norm 1/4 NPT male thread for all co2 regulators.. It still might be so.
Taking it apart and replacing the stem you would need a special high pressure sealant, which actualy is rather expensive. You might be beter off visiting a regulator service station and ask them to replace it with a longer one.. I guess you wont be cheaper off with DIY and buying the stem and a complete tube of high pressure sealant for a one time job. :) E.g the Loctite sealant is about € 30 p/ 50ml..

Thanks guys, sorry for the confusion. Hopefully these images will help..

At present my regulator screws direct into the bottle, this causes a problem because the solenoid bottoms out on the bottle when I tighten the regulator up...

So looking for something to bring this out abit?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not to sure about that setup. Mines comes out of the side with a stem and joins to the bottle. Best bet would be go to a welder supplies or simular.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That big DIN477 nut on the regulator, is most likely screwed to the regulator housing at the other end. This probably needs to be screwed off and replaced with one on a stem like i linked to above.. As Iain above says, go to a service station, thay might have an easy fix for you..

But can't you just screw off the handle part from the bottle. That will give you a few mm more space... :) Ok it's beside a handle grip also a safety for protecting the valve on the bottle. But screwing it off and securing the botlle from tipping over and no harm done.. Many bottles do not have that grip by default..

You would need something like this.. :) DIN 477 female to DIN 477 male.. addapters like that most likely will excist, but are not standard equipment.
Fire extinguishers are by default not designed to fit regulators of all kind and regular co2 bottles for regulators are desing to fit them all. So a extension i snot a standard tool it likely needs to be combined from different fittings. A co2 gass filling station might also be able to help you.
00GSE-1027-00a.jpg

DIN477 = M21,8 x 1/4" thread

Back