• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 inline diffuser and reactor

Fred13

Hello,

I recently purchased a complete co2 system from co2art which seems really nice. This includes an inline diffuser which i think has a good quality but i am not a fan of micro bubbles.
I want to try a setup which is probably eliminates most of them. I dont really know if that works but i took the idea from a video. In this video user uses somewhat long output hose which is putted in order to make a slight curve. This curve gives more time for the co2 to dissolve and because of its nature co2 wants to rise , water pushes it down and this increases the time in water.

This is the video

If this doesnt work i ll probably look after a co2 reactor. Unfortunately a reactor will cut down my flow because i have 16/22 hoses but i cant find a co2 external reactor which is for 16/22 hoses.
Your ideas and suggestions are more than welcomed!

There are lots of DIY options, lots of people simply inject the bubbles straight into their external filter.
That method does seem to work in most cases but, has a few inherent problems like... you cant see what is happening inside the filter so there might be a substantial build up of dissolved gas inside the filter. However if you have a big filter without too much media, this method might be a good option.
You can make a reactor using various methods & containers, some work better than others but most work very well.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/high-flow-diy-reactor-now-with-video.23337/
This one worked for me with a high bubble count & zero mist in the tank.

Last edited:
There are lots of DIY options, lots of people simply inject the bubbles straight into their external filter.
That method does seem to work in most cases but, has a few inherent problems like... you cant see what is happening inside the filter so there might be a substantial build up of dissolved gas inside the filter. However if you have a big filter without too much media, this method might be a good option.
You can make a reactor using various methods & containers, some work better than others but most work very well.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/high-flow-diy-reactor-now-with-video.23337/
This one worked for me with a high bubble count & zero mist in the tank.

Thank you Fox, yes i see!
I ll try a setup with the inline diffuser and if this doesnt work well for me i ll change to a reactor technique.
My filter will be big enough for 65 gallon but i am not really sure if i want to gas into the filter. It may damage the propeller or other issues i found into web.
Filter has 1500 l/h flow and because of its high capacity of media (12l) i guess i wont have to fill it tight.

The Sera 500 uses a 16/22mm hose connection. I recently posted some information about poor quality control on the Sera unit I bought. Easily remedied and now working very well on the outflow from my 1500L/h filter.

Back