• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 is it worth it

danmil3s

ive just set up a 120l tank to re home the SAEs from my high tec, so i can grow some moss. the tank has 2 x t8 tubes over it, both 2' like the tank. my nanos giving me the hump so if its worth braking it down and putting co2 in the 120 . to have a low light high tec set up.will the co2 make a difference for example will carpeting plants grow under these condition's. or is adding the co2 a waste of time. id quite like a carpet but don't really want to up the lights. im sure ive read that high light is not need if co2 and flow are good. 2x fluval 205s if i brake down the nano. and cat litter and gravel substrate.

I think co2 would benefit the system. Adding co2 to this system would make it one of the elements that are not limiting.

BTW there are two or three species that come under SAE. Crosocheilus siamensis is not actually a species. C.langei the is the larger type and is the one known for tackling the likes of BBA. C.atrilimes is the one that has a taste for moss. I only realised this when I noticed one of my 8 SAEs was morphologically different to the others.

ive broken down my nano and ive put co2 on the new tank. some thing is eating my moss. the fish the shop told me was a siamensis algae eaters getting re homed first then his tie cousin then the golden sucking mouth fish till my moss starts to grow. the wife tells me i should leave them alone and just scape the 120l but i don't want a big tank that's not quite right. been at it for over a year now. think im finally getting there. ive got hair grass sending out runners. most of my carpet plants just die. or float off. going too a MH at the weekend to see if they have plants for both tanks. and keeping an eye out on here. hows your monster tank getting on?

ive got one rainbow fish i rescued from a mate. he doesn't seem to be fond of co2, starts freaking out before the other fish how any sign. shame your fish are eating your plants. i wish i didn't have to keep fish in my plant tank, but the wife says i have no choice.but i have told her we cant buy any more for it. well see how long that lasts

the one ive got just seems to respond quicker, than the other fish if i up the gas a bit to much. nice looking fish though.

Back