• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Issue

mark4785

I use the Dennerle Comfort Range co2 system (the system in which you buy replacement 500g co2 cylinders as opposed to having the cylinders refilled).

The co2 supply is timed to enter the aquarium at 4pm in preparation for lights coming on at 6pm. I am finding that a few minutes after the timer switches the system on, there is a rush of approximately 10-20 bubbles per second going through the drop-checker; there is no change in any air pressure according to both gauges and the bubble rate slowly reduces in frequency to 2 bps which is the intended frequency.

I have read the troubleshooting manual provided by Dennerle for this system, but it doesn't tell me what to do where there is a rush of co2 into the aquarium. Ironically, it does give troubleshooting advice if the frequency is below standard or non-existant.

Any tips would be appreciated on the cause and/or resolution for this problem as this issue could end up gassing the fish and filter bacteria.

i'd look into the hose that you are using? is it branded co2 hose? youll find a lot of companies state "air/co2 hose" when in reality most air hoses are a rubbery very flexable material whereas proper co2 hose is made of a harder plastic, it shouldnt feel rubbery. if its an airline the tube will expand with the pressure causing problems.

Back