• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Mister

andy-mu

Hi,

I've seen a lot of talk that CO2 misters are the best for uptake of CO2. I've only seen Reactors and diffusers listed on the forum. What are these misters and are there any articles relating to them? Is it achieved by feeding CO2 into a filter?
Are there any photo's of a misting system?

Next to misters, are reactors the next best thing? Are dissusers best avoided?

Does anyone have any recommendations for achieving the best results. Granted my tank is only 100L, and I've still to get some equipment, so looking to get it right first time. My plan is to get a 1400 lp/h external. I would have went for a 1000 lp/h but the 1400 has a UV steriliser fitted.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly what I was trying to see. Looking on the forum, the reactor method also seems to work well although you do consume more co2. Looking around the forum some members certainly seem to have worked out ways to grossly reduce the cost of running co2, by buying the larger canisters, so perhaps the higher consumption of a reactor might not be a problem. It's definately one of these 2 methods, and I will endeavour to find out as much as I can prior to setup.

Back