• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2/nutrient distribution ideas for tall tank

jarthel

So i have a 70cm(h) and I was initially concern with my lighting since it may never reach the plants below especially the foreground plants. Anyway, one of the mods (or maybe 2 of them) mentioned getting proper distribution of co2/nutrients to the foreground plants is more important. I was thinking of using a spray bar thinking it may provide best coverage. maybe the spray just below the water line. But the water from the bar may never reach ground level.

So I was thinking that instead of using a spray bar, I'll just extend the U-pipe that came with the canister so that it almost reaches the soil and then an elbow-bend at the end. This way the foreground plants will hopefully get their nutrients and they I'll use a wave maker to "stir things up".

Any thoughts on my idea? Maybe you can share your idea with everyone (especially me)? :)

thank you very much

You could still use a spray bar but rather than it running horizontal why not try it vertically or use a tee piece and add a spray bar on two of the ends - like the attached picy.

DSCN3401.jpg

Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
You could still use a spray bar but rather than it running horizontal why not try it vertically or use a tee piece and add a spray bar on two of the ends - like the attached picy.

DSCN3401.jpg

Regards
paul.

Hi Paul.

I actually thought of something like that yesterday when I was composing the thread. But I somehow doubt the horizontal tube would get similar flow as the vertical one?

thanks again

Why do you think flow will not reach the substrate? If you've got sufficently powerful filtration, and flow is not blocked by plant mass or hardscape, surely it'll get there? I've got a 1700lph rated filter delivering via a horizontal spraybar along the back of a 100cms long x45cms wide x55cms high tank, and my HC is swaying in the flow nicely.

paul.in.kendal said:
Why do you think flow will not reach the substrate?

I'm not sure at all. I'm just going by the advice given to me. :)

Back