• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Pressurised System

kellyboy47 said:
Thanks for the info Callum...rang the company and they can do a 2Kg for £55 or a 5kg for £65 and then £20 each refill...does that sound about right ?
That sounds quite expensive seeing as the ones on ebay are around £33 posted :eek:
This place also sells them might be worth shopping around and giving them a call
http://www.mgfire.co.uk/

kellyboy47 said:
Thanks for the info Callum...rang the company and they can do a 2Kg for £55 or a 5kg for £65 and then £20 each refill...does that sound about right ?

It sounds bloomin expensive to me ! Why would you pay £55 for a 2kg FE when you can buy them on ebay for between £10 and £15. Even if they are discharged and you have to fill them its costing you £20 more. Your call though. I also think £20 to refill is more than most people pay.

Is there anything wrong with this ? Less than half the price they quoted you, full, delivered, and with a bracket.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....29&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#ht_706wt_1070

I assume though if I bought a full CO2 cylinder I would still have to discharge it before using it for aquarium purposes ?

kellyboy47 said:
I assume though if I bought a full CO2 cylinder I would still have to discharge it before using it for aquarium purposes ?

Why ? No not at all mate. A charged FE will come with a safety pin in it to stop the trigger being squeezed and a horn on it that you remove and replace with the regulator. Then you remove the pin and release the CO2 by squeezing the trigger and taping it together. Did you read the article on here on FE CO2 rigs ? It tells you all you need to know :)

Thanks for the info !....no I hadn't read the article...but have just read it and now everything makes sense...just have to decide whether to get a 2kg or 5kg now :) Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Back