• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Regulator Dials & Safety Setup ?

MatTheFish

Hello,

Just ordered my pressurised CO2 kit and what to ask two questions that I hope you can explain please. I feel so dumb asking but want to be sure and safe when dealing with a pressurised system

1) I just ordered the following regulator. Can someone please explain which dial is which and what they should be showing/set at when using ?
reg009.jpg

2) I have red the Fire extinguisher CO2 tutorial but notice it didn't mention something that i am not sure about. When i screw the regulator onto the FE CO2 bottle, am i suppose to open the needle valve all the way open and turn the adjustable pressure dial on the regulator before pressing the handles together on the co2 bottle? (i don't want to loose my arms or blow the dials)

Thank you.

Last edited:
In answer to 1) the right hand gauge shows the pressure in your FE. The left hand gauge shows you your current working pressure which you can adjust with the pressure dial.

2) connect all your equipment up with the solenoid off, close the needle valve and have the pressure valve open slightly. Depress the FE handle,switch the solenoid on an open the needle valve a bit. If you are using an inline atomiser you will then need to set your working pressure to about 2 bar, if its not inline then try 1 bar. Use your needle valve to give you the bubble rate you want to start with. You may need to fiddle with the working pressure and bubble rate to get what you need.

Thanks for replying.

I bought the Bazooka diffuser and understand it requires 30psi minimum to work. On the dial it's in psi not bar. what is 2 bar in psi ?

When you say pressure valve you mean the big knob i can turn on the front of the regulator ?

Sorry for being dumb.

Thank you.

Back