• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Solenoid

youmustcomply

Hello,

I'm using an Azoo regulator with the solenoid however I'm having issues with the solenoid sticking. Its also started to smell really bad so I've decided it needs replacing.

What do people recommend? I've been looking at the aqua medic one for around £35.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Best reason I can see for using the Lunapet valve picked by Rudedog is the power consumption. The original unit picked is 3.5w and the Lunapet version is 1.5w, a two fold bonus. A much lesser power consumption so a smaller running cost over a year and because a solenoid is an electro-magnet the less power technically less heat. This is not as direct a realtionship as the power saved as the amount of windings in the coil, the diameter and material of the core etc all make up the power of the manetic pull therefor the disipation of the heat versus the electricity used is not a direct realtionship. In short the lunapet valve will be cheaper to run and should run cooler. :D

Well if the Luna pet is a good one, I shall be purchasing this one. I'm not sure of the consumption of the current one i had, but less is always better :)

Thanks for the recommendation.

Back