• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 & Sump

samkiller42

Hi All,
Wondering what would be the best way to add CO2 into a Sump'd aquarium.
The return pipe work from my sump to my tank is 19/27mm Hose.

I will be covering the sump, mainly to minimise water lose due to evaporation.

Reason i want it to enter the sump is to keep all equipment out of the main tank.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

If the sump is completely covered I'd just chuck a ceramic diffusor straight in there.

Diffusors do a great job, the only reason I don't run one is I've tried to keep equipment out of the tank and also not have the tiny bubbles. This obviously isn't going to be an issue for you :)

Chris

Hi, I've got an Eheim pump for the return already, and i've searched around for an UP Atomizer, but none fit my hosing without reducing the flow rate.

Cheers for the advice thus far.

Sam

Sam, the UP requires 16mm id tube, I feed mine straight from my pump with little loss of flow.
If you have a very powerfull pump then you can split the flow & change the pipe diameter then feed two 16mm pipes to the tank, you might need to valve the pipe to even up the flow.

Hum, Might just be easier to use the hose i have, and find a way to seal it around the threads on the Atomizer.

Thanks again for your advice.

Sam

Back