• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Colour mix of plants

cariadsdad

Seedling
Hi All
I am just about ready to choose plants for my 4*2*2 sumped tank ..it will have Co2 via return pipe. it will be aquascaped with mostly dark rock but with some green rock and bogwood
My lighting is 2x Giesemann Aquaflora and 2x midday T5s
Substrate is aquabase, and aquasoil from maidenhead aquatics with an area of non planted sand
I am looking for advice on plants to use , and I would like plants with colour to enhance the greens .. Also I want a carpet area
Any help or advice much appreciated
Mike

Your idea sounds interesting!

I dont know your level of experience with plants, assuming that you have intermediate plant growing skills.
Use MU monte carlo for with a few clumps of e.parvula randomly for the carpet area. MU MC is a good carpet plant for larger tanks, covers up fast and makes no special demand.
A mix of rotala green, Hemianthus micranthemoides, bacopa australis, blyxa japonica, staurogynes for green plants and assorted red rotala, didiplis diandra, ludwigia arcuata, brevips, etc to name a few..

Back