• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Community fish

Getthejist

Hey guys,
I was wondering what fish would look good with neon tetras in a planted tank http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20624. I was thinking of going with harlequin rasboras but I'm not sure of their favoured conditions and would like a fish that likes soft acidic water as I'd rather all of my fish were happy with their enviroment, and not just buying a fish because it looks nice :D Also a shoaling fish is preferable :)

if you do have soft acidic stable conditions then i have to say.... sundadanio axelrodii. big enough to hold their own with the boisterous neon but oh so beautiful when happy.

have a look at fish profiles on seriously fish. lots of info about many fish's natural environment etc.

Thanks Darren I took a look at sundadanio axelrodii and it looks like a cool fish but my filtration is quite powerful so it may not like the tank although most areas are quite calm. I don't think the fish is very common though but I'll keep an eye out for it ;)

most of the rasboras will love acid water, and south american tetra too. enjoy choosing :thumbup:

Couple to consider:

Espei rasbora - similar to harlequins but smaller, more colourful & tighter shoaling.

Rummynose tetra - one of the best shoalers.

Back