• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: Daphnia Petite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill

Name: Gill

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 11cm 12.5cm 10cm

Aquascape Name: Daphnia Petite

Hardscape/Materials used: Bogwood

Plants: Fissidens Fontalis, Christmas Moss, Java Moss, Flame Moss, Anubias Nana Petite, Marimo Balls, Amazon Frogbit.

Fertilisation: N/A

Total Cost: I think the Tank was £2

About the aquascape: I was trying to decide on what to do and went out yesterday looking for Vases in the Local FLorists.
I found that they all carried cubes but all to Big. I ended up buying a Lovely U Shaped Vase but it is Toooo High to enter.
So hunting around in the Garage I found this tiny little Display Tank that I bought from Last Mays BLA Auction in Corby. I had not used it before as it leaked. So soent a bit of time resealing the leak and Retaping the Edges and Base.
I decided to use all the Plants that I already had to hand, and Cracked the Bogwood into Smaller more Pointy Shapes.

The Inhabitants: 1 Baby Ramshorn Snail, Daphnia Magma, and Japanese Blue Guppy Fry dropped while I was scaping this.

Photos:
NOV09UKAPSPICO002.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO005.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO011.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO013.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO014.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO017.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO027.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO029.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO031.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO034.jpg

NOV09UKAPSPICO036.jpg

SteveUK said:
That's going to be an interesting one Gill :) I was thinking about using Anubias too ;)

Thanks, Ohhhh And remember if you need a heling hand breaking down any tanks. I am free, but don't be suprised if you end up with less plants then what you had :twisted: :shh:

Jase said:
I like it 8) I'll bet it looks awesome in the flesh but I do think you need to experiment with your lighting though - certainly when it comes to your final competition entry pics, in order to show it off better.

Thanks, With the Lighting I had completely Forgoten that i have 3 High Power LED Units lying around in the Garage. Found them this morning so will clean them up and try them out.

I think i will have maybe up to 4 entries depending on what i decide to use for each scape.

Well the LED's are no Good to use, forgot they were moonlight ones. Will find something else in the garage to use for lighting.

This is the only remaining entry still going.
As my priorities changed recently, all the scapes were forgotten about for 2 weeks. Having a baby sure does change your normal schedule, now everything revolves around 3hourly feeds and changing nappies.
This is still going strong without a water change and no lighting apart from ambient. The Guppy fry are still healthy and swimming around exploring.

Not been able to do much with this,
Bogwood is bare, and have ben able to get out and get any HC to replant the substrate with.

If i get the chance to do any maintenance on this today, then i will take some shots. if not, just use the ones i have already posted in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back