• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: Dragons Quarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Name: Stu Worrall

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 10x10x10cm

Aquascape Name: Dragon Quarry

Hardscape/Materials used: Bogwood, Dragon Stone

Plants: Fissidens

Fertilisation: 3 drops of brighty k, easycarbo and ADA step 1 per day.

Lighting: A Halogen desk lamp rescued from the garage :)

About the aquascape:

The tank cost me £5 at the beginning of the year, its an Aqua One Cube. Hardscape is from existing stuff for future scapes. Planting is just good old Fissidens. The name of the scape came from the fact that I bashed (quarried?) some dragon stone up for the graded gravel around the wood.

Front
4195637517_25863711ca_o.jpg

Right Side
4195637669_3e9cb29e03_o.jpg

Corner
4196393574_1828764974_o.jpg

Re: Comp_Nov09: Unknown

Yep Agree dragon stone, others look to large for the cube.

Cool, that is on the pico end of the scale, one tea mug water chaanges! Nice one - T

I like all 3 Stu, but agree with the majority, you should - enter the dragon - stone scape in the contest.
Just a quick query on the dosing, do you know if EasyCarbo is more dilute than FlorishExcel, i'm just a bit concerned because 0.5ml of Excel in 1 litre of water could prove detrimental.

Cheers,
James

Nahh Stu the Dragon stone looks rubbish you dont wanna do that....... (andyh, hopes Stu falls for his cunning deception as his pico will be featuring dragon stone also :twisted: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shh:

Re: Comp_Nov09: Dragon Quarry

EDIT: Ive moved these pre build pictures here now from the first thread as final photos are in the first thread now.

Seiryu Stone
img0553edit.jpg

img0548edit.jpg

Dragon Stone
img0546edit.jpg

Thanks for all the replies everyone, sorry for not getting back in the discussion but I havent been on much to post this week due to lots of DIY and work!

Anyway, I decided to get my finger out tonight and scape this Pico up while I was watching SGU :geek:

I stayed with the Dragon Stone theme but strayed away from the AS and crushed up a big piece I didnt use from my 60cm build. It ended up in some nice big chunks but I also got lots of small graded stuff which Ive used for shale in this tank. The bogwood is from the wood you get in a Tropica Aquacube which I also took the hammer to so it ended up in about 7 pieces. Fissidens has been tied onto some pieces and others have been glued together to form the style below. Old aquarium gravel has been used at the front, back and underneath.

Its still bubbling at the moment and I need to give the fissidens another trim from bits that moved so not very photogenic at the mo.

img0660an.jpg

img0655b.jpg

img0650rj.jpg

img0653xj.jpg

Top scape Stu :thumbup: , I love the small fragments of rock they give a very natural appearance.

Cheers,
James

Cheers all :D I was going to go with some moss I had from my rio but it looked a bit too big hence i plumbed for fissidens out of the same tank which looks ok with the small leaf size. Dragon stone is soo easy to break, you can do it with your hands if a small piece is too big :lol:

another pico with gorgeous scaping that produces an amazing sense of scale :thumbup:

I have not commented on all these picos, but I am blown away by most of them.

The giveaway that it is a pico to me is the thickness of the glass. (The fissidens as well to a lesser extent, you could always pretend it is fissidens XXXXXXL ;) :lol: ) I would be curious as to how this would look if a picture was taken that zoomed in so that it had the glass edges outside of the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back