• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: Pico Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdAndrews

Name: Adam Andrews

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 14x14x14cm

Aquascape Name: Pico Peak

Hardscape/Materials used: Seryiu Stone, ADA Xingu Sand, Oliver Knott Nature Soil(fine)

Plants: Hemianthus Callitrichoides, Pogostemon Helferi, Eleocharis Parvula, Echinodorus tenellus, Peacock Moss.

Fertilisation: TPN+, AE Carbon, Daily.

About the aquascape: Pico cube from John Lewis online= £15 delivered, light is an 20w desk lamp that I already had, I only had to buy a new bulb for it= approx £3 and other costs were irrelevant as the materials and plants were/have been either donated to me- thanks SamC for the tenellus and Oatfish for the Moss :D Then the stone was left over from a great batch I brought :thumbup: and again both the substrates were left overs from my 35litre Nano.
The tank is sitting on an old bedside table top, on the kitchen counter, for the background I have simply used an tetratec manual 8)

Main Stone in after substrate:
IMGP1547.jpg

Complete hardscape:
IMGP1549.jpg

Planted:
IMGP1569.jpg

IMGP1570.jpg

In-Situ Shot:
IMGP1550.jpg

I have "Jiged" around with one of the substones a little as you may tell in latter pictures, moss was tied to an off cut of an airline and hopefully that will hide the plastic substrate divider, eventually.. plants have been generally cut short as for example the harigrass that i already had was in a right state, I just hope 4 weeks from now they will have grown :)

Thanks
Adam.

I also missed this one, there are so many in the conrest i just can't keep up.
That's an excellent scape Adam :thumbup: , very strong clean lines.
I see you also have a pico creation station, or as the mrs keeps insisting a kitchen :lol:

Cheers,
James

thanks guys, it hasnt been running for 3 days seen as im ill and havnt had time to do it, so im unsure what it looks like now.

ive now taken this pico down, as i was ill for the first period of its life, the plants suffered as i wasnt able to perform water changes or have the light on, so many of the plants were ruined.

thanks

what a shame mate :( , i really liked this one.
Tanks this size are so unforgiving.

Cheers,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back