• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Controlling GHA on Fissidens

Rob Dahl

SQGplf.jpg
8bfd1I.jpg
9qWxXa.jpg

Here are my specs:
TANK–30li.Fluval Flora
LIGHT– 13w, 6400k, CFL
Flexi mini, PAR 230 @ 5cm., 40@ 50cm.
CO2–pressurized soda jets and ceramic diffuser 1bubble/sec.
FILTRATION–Fluval U1, 250li./hr.
FERTILZATION–Excel–3ml./day
FluorinK–3ml./every other day
Fluorin GRO (nitrogen)–3ml./day
I have tried the shock treatment with 5ml. Excel/twice a week, and 2hr. interrupted light at mid day. Would like to get some help on this.
Many Thanks,
Rob

Try twirling a tooth brush around in it. Not sure how well it will work in the moss but worth a go :)

Hi group,
Have used the tooth brush with some success. I think there is a combination of some different algaes. There seem to be algaes with different characteristics. It's just that they seem to be intertangled in the Fissidens. So you can't disentangle them.

Keep at it with a toothbrush, if it's possible to get the whole piece of Fissidens out (if it's tight to a stone or wood) you could put it in a small container and give it a total black out, if that's not possible maybe try to cover the moss with some Catapa leaves or some black plastic for a few days (make sure that the plastic is non toxic) tighten some stones on the corners of the plastic or pieces of lead.

Back