• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

converter for 2kg fe

youngstud

hi guys
im using a waterplant 95g co2 set at the moment but dont want keep replacing the bottles as im using this for my nanos(two)
now there is d-d threaded converter on uk companies around 9 pound but plus delivery.
i found some other product on ebay from far east(but will be buying some other stuff),the delivery cost will be cheaper
i thouhgt if anyone have any experience with these products or any idea if i can use it with fe to waterplant set.
this is the set i have at the moment
http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... roduct5039

(fourth set on the page)

and the ebay items(rather then getting the d-d threaded coverter)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Co2-Plant-Aquariu ... 255f39b077

the other one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UP-Plant-Aquarium ... 255b15f4e2

thanks

They look like they would work with a FE, but I would be keen to hear from someone else that knows for sure that the thread is the correct size.

They are not just a convertor though, they have the reg built in. So *if the thread fits* you would use them instead of the waterplant set.

i hope so
do u know what is the size of a fe thing? then i can ask the people what is the size of the converter
by the way the fe i found is actually quite cheap from a friend :)

Sorry, no I do not know the thread size :(
You are lucky to have a good friend like that :)

I would not really bother with converters and regulators meant for smaller bottles, just purchased a proper regulator with solenoid valve, that will set you back £45-50 but in the long run its a better investment, peace of mind too.

Have a look here to do it on the cheap: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7696

i know i have seen that this morning
i am a bit scraed but again thouhgt 2kg fe is maybe not too strong for a nano co2 set attachment
i dont know really

bigmatt said:
Don't worry - the needle valve controls the amount of gas flowing to the tank from "off" to "soda stream" and all points in between. I'm going to be running an FE (5kg in this case) on my 15litre nano!
Cheers
Matt

what kind of regulator or converter are u going to use with the fe?
and the price,can i have some more infor please?
:)
im not afraid for the tanks but if the regulator i have(waterplant95g set) is not strong enough to cope with the pressure in the fe will blow and i wont be waking up in the morning

Yes you might have issues with yours regulator and pressure from FE. I would not risk it. Look at the disposable regulators such as Sealey even for those I would not risk putting them on the FE and they are more sturdy than those tiny from Asia.

Or just buy Welding Co2 bottle 600g for 12,- then disposable regulator for 15,- and I guess needle valves you already have and you are set to go. All from e-bay. That's the cheapest upgrade unless you want go for FE which would be around 37 for Reg, 22 for 2kg cylinder.

how about using a paintball tank smaller and lower pressure, also with the adapter show below it swaps it to the same thread as a FE so if go bigger in the futre just need a fire extiquisher and use the same reg etc.

02032011637.jpg

here it is on a bottle (bottle is HPA not c02 just for demo)

02032011638.jpg

the thing is i kind of already have the fe and dont see reason to buy other bottles
in that pic i think there is already a regulator as well

thats a high pressure air bottle not co2, but the thread is the same and its all i had too hand at the time :), but basically coverts to FE thread so have the same equipment just a smaller bottle.

Back