Converting Sodastream adaptor to accept regular CO2 cylinder

gex23

I bought a sodastream CO2 kit from you several weeks ago, however i'm finding the sodastream cylinders to run out quite quickly on my 90 litre tank (2 BPS, runs for 10 hours).

Is it possible to convert this system to accept a regular CO2 cylinder?

Cheers.

kadoxu

I bought a sodastream CO2 kit from you several weeks ago, however i'm finding the sodastream cylinders to run out quite quickly on my 90 litre tank (2 BPS, runs for 10 hours).
I run mine above 3bps for about 8-9 hours a day, but it seems to last me at least a couple of months.

For the regulator, you probably just need to remove the sodastream adaptor.

:wideyed:
That means a significant leak
I also understood that at first, but I think the OP means he runs CO2 for 10 hours everyday... not that he runs out of gas in 10 hours...

sonicninja

Yeah thats a leak. I have mine at 1bps and it's been going for at least 8 weeks at 9hrs per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stuart_B

Is it possible to convert this system to accept a regular CO2 cylinder?

Cheers.

Just to clarify ..How long does the Sodastream bottle last at 2BPS . As others have said if it's a normal regulator just remove the Sodastream adaptor and that should fit a Fire Extinguisher with the horn removed . There are plenty articles around explaining how to attach the regulator to the FE.