• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Correct chemicals for EI

Nick potts

First, sorry as I know this probably gets asked a lot but I am not overly confident mixing chemicals and chucking them in the tank.

I am running out of my aquascaper AIO ferts and fancy trying EI. APF is out of stock for the kit and certain powders or I would just buy it there.

I have found powders elsewhere, I just want to check I can use these with the same dosing as recommended by APF, Macro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water), Micro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)

This is what I have in my basket

CSM+B Trace
KNO3
KH2PO4
MgSO4x7H2O

Planning to mix to the same ratio as APF, 4tsp Potassium Nitrate, 1tsp Potassium Phosphate, 6tsp Magnesium Sulphate, 500ml Water and 1tsp Chelated Trace Elements, 500ml Water

Does the above sound OK

@Zeus. hopefully you'll be able to offer some thoughts :)

First, sorry as I know this probably gets asked a lot but I am not overly confident mixing chemicals and chucking them in the tank.
On the other hand, think about how much damage you are doing when you chuck food into the tank. That alone does 10x more harm to the tank inhabitants than these particular chemicals can do. Uneaten food fouls the tank with decay and eaten food is converted to urine and poop. Why are folks so confident about doing that?

The mix you propose sounds fine. There really is no danger involved here. This is stuff that plants convert to food and which have no deleterious effect on fish at these concentration levels. Review the EI Dosing post in the Tutorials Section and be confident.:cool:

Cheers,

On the other hand, think about how much damage you are doing when you chuck food into the tank. That alone does 10x more harm to the tank inhabitants than these particular chemicals can do. Uneaten food fouls the tank with decay and eaten food is converted to urine and poop. Why are folks so confident about doing that?

The mix you propose sounds fine. There really is no danger involved here. This is stuff that plants convert to food and which have no deleterious effect on fish at these concentration levels. Review the EI Dosing post in the Tutorials Section and be confident.:cool:

Cheers,
Thank you Clive.

All ordered.

Back