• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CRS tank question

jose_j

Hi friends,

I'm just setting up my first CRS tank and I would like to know what do you think is better, to introduce some plants (ferns, anubias, mosses, etc) creating a more diverse and complex environment, or to keep the substrate clearer in order to be able to control any possible dead specimen that could be a source of microbial infection.

The tank is still maturing (no shrimps added) and as you can see I have chosen the first option. I find it beautiful but I'm worried about doing it wrong.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Cheers,

Jose

2vwbtao.jpg

mine are kept in a well planted tank which i feel gives the shrimp a nice environment to live in , and is pleasing to view
much the same as yours ! :)

mine are kept in a well planted tank which i feel gives the shrimp a nice environment to live in , and is pleasing to view
much the same as yours ! :)
Thanks Allan for your reply. One more question, do you usually add fertilizers to your tank? This will raise TDS levels and everywhere you can read that this don't like to the CRSs ... Surely it is a very basic question but I still have no experience with them ...

Thanks again!

Jose

yes i do every other day plus easy carbo every day at RECOMMENDED levels my shrimp are constantly breding , i would say if u added liquid co2 be careful i almost wiped mine out early on when i used twice recommended amount !

All my CRS tanks are well planted, all with plenty of Moss. floating plants.
For me, it keeps NITRATE low
The shrimps seem happiest in the tanks with plenty of wood, rubble(obvoiusly inert] and leaves, bark, cones etc.
They spend their days feeding on the bio film.
I add a small weekly dose of tropica to all, but only my main display tank has Co2gas.

Your tank looks fine, good luck.

All my CRS tanks are well planted, all with plenty of Moss. floating plants.
For me, it keeps NITRATE low
The shrimps seem happiest in the tanks with plenty of wood, rubble(obvoiusly inert] and leaves, bark, cones etc.
They spend their days feeding on the bio film.
I add a small weekly dose of tropica to all, but only my main display tank has Co2gas.

Your tank looks fine, good luck.

Thank you bogwood for your reply. I will follow Allan Angus and you, and I will keep my tank well planted. Shrimps have been recently added and they seem to be very happy.

Thank you very much again.

Cheers,

Jose

Back