• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant Profile Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae

Scientific Name
Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae
Botanical Name
Cryptocóryne crispátula var. balánsae (Gagnep.) N. Jacobsen
Synonyms
Cryptocoryne balansae Gagnep., Cryptocoryne kwangsiensis H.Li, Cryptocoryne longispatha Merr.
Major Group
Angiosperms
Order
Alismatales
Family
Araceae
Genus
Cryptocoryne
Problem that I find with them is that they can grow so dense that finding the origin of the longer leaves to snip them off becomes impossible.

That can be true. Which is why when it does send out new rooters. you nip them and give them some space in between. All I tend to do is follow the stem and snap it off by hand. So easy that way rather than sniping. But then again my tank is quite deep so I would only do that during a large water change :D

Problem that I find with them is that they can grow so dense that finding the origin of the longer leaves to snip them off becomes impossible.
Technique I use is to hold the leaf tip with one hand and pull it taught, with the other hand feel you way down the leaf/stalk until you find the base then pinch it out, also works well with vallisneria.

Edit: as above.

Back