• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cryptocoryne Ferruginea Sekadauensis Query

Tankless

Anyone have pictures of submerged growth? It will arrive for me tomorrow so just wanted to see where to plant it. I did ask the supplier but they only sell in vitro pots therefore do not have fully grown pictures.

It won't grow submerged imho i've tried, even emersed it's one of these invitro species that takes a year to settle, my Cryptocoryne Yujii i got invitro is now only starting to put on adult leaves in it's second year, first year growth just stood still.

Think it’s too late to my cancel order. I’ll put it in a spot where I can observe it

Have you tried Cryptocoryne Tonkenisis?

Think it’s too late to my cancel order. I’ll put it in a spot where I can observe it

Have you tried Cryptocoryne Tonkenisis?
The invitro plant sold as Tonkinensis yes, ( Kubotae is the real name, Tonkinensis is unavailable in the trade ), this one is more than possible, adult plants can grow just fine submerged, same issiue as before though, to get invitro plants going emersed is the way to go, over summer i grew mine on a south facing windsill which as picked up the growth rate a lot.

Attachments

• PXL_20230914_140237409.jpg
    PXL_20230914_140237409.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
That's good to see. Once someone managed tissue culture of this species, we may hope it won't remain that rare.

Back