• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CSM+B ?

mzm

I am currently dosing CSM+B and EI.

I have recently added some Rotala Macrandra and over the past three weeks I have seen the plant deteriorate although it has a TMC 14000K LED tile right on top of it with co2 addition etc.

I keep reading that besides low temperature, co2, loads of ferts, high light etc. etc. it also needs a fair amount of iron supplementation to it.

Which in your opinion, would be the best iron fert to add keeping in mind that I dose EI.

Thanks for your recomendations.

Michael

Hi,
Assuming that this is not due to animal predation, plant deterioration = too much light and not enough CO2/flow/distribution.

mzm said:
I keep reading that besides low temperature, co2, loads of ferts, high light etc. etc. it also needs a fair amount of iron supplementation to it.
This is only true in The Matrix. In reality Rotala Macandra, like most stem plants need good flow, clean water and good CO2. The iron source is largely irrelevant. There are no plants in the world that "need" high light, but almost all plants in the world need plenty of CO2. It is therefore no surprise whatsoever that bombarding the plant with megawatts of light sitting right on top of it results in photoinhibition.

It is suggested that you concentrate on reducing the light intensity and getting better flow distribution across the plant leaves. You might want to think about moving the plant to another location in the tank that is not directly below the photon torpedo bombardment. Then, concentrate on the CO2 injection/diffusion technique. It is a complete waste of time to fiddle with different Iron brands.

Cheers,

Back