• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cutting fluval hose?

Rasmusm

Hi all

So, I have a 576l tank with a 112l sump, I recently made my own co2 reactor, and wanting to fit the new model UV light from fluval on it.

I usually use 25mm silicone hose to do the job, but thing is, it's very easy to kink up or bend if it needs to go around something.

So I saw the fluval flex hose, it looks interesting. And does not seem to kink up. I have never owned any of the fluval flex tube before so no experience with it.
Only thing I wonder about is the end connections. I guess they are rubber melted together with the flex pipe? So when I cut the pipe in half I will end up with 2 pieces each with a rubber thingie on the end. What about the other end?
Is it possible to add an rubber adapter thing to that end and make it seal right, surely don't want all that water every where 😅

Ideally I wanted to use flex pipe from return pump to reactor inlet, from reactor outlet to UV in and from UV out to tank.
What do you think?

From Rasmus

Attachments

• 20231220_211640.jpg
    20231220_211640.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 73
Back