• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cyanoacrylate Super Glue....underwater.

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
im aware that this type of superglue is aquarium safe, but is it safe to use it in a working tank underwater....ie will it stick plants to hardscape underwater and will it still be harmless to livestock?

Thanks,
Ady.

It will set as soon as it hits the water, it doesn't cause any harm IME as it just floats and you can net it.

Cheers,
Gel it is then!

......well that didn't work! :lol:

Loctite superglue gel,
as soon as it hit the water it started to set and i couldnt then get it to stick to the wood. Most of it stuck to my fingers! I didnt want to mess up the tank or plants so gave up and used the wedging into crevice technique instead :lol: Ill get home tonight to find floating ferns no doubt, then ill have to tie them to small pieces of stone and position them that way....like i normally do o_O Thought superglue would be quicker and easier, i did it with anubias in a stone scape, but that was before filling.
Cheerio
Ady.

Whitey89 said:
I've got some Cyanoacrylate mate. Not the gel version, just the standard liquid type. This should be ok with CRS once set shouldn't it?

Cheers,
Yeah it'll be fine. I used it to stick my spray bar configuration together in my CRS nano and no probs. funnily I'm gonna have to use it again next water change time as sometime today the end cap of my spraybar came loose. Must have been a day of breakages as the light timer failed also :?
I've found that superglue is fine to use for this type of thing and when sticking plants to hardscape if you do it before filling :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady

Back