• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cycling new tank

Karen H

How long would you expect it take to full cycle tank .i have john Inness no 3 topped with cat litter. Have put filter sponge from my other tank filter . The tank is planted and has frogbit floating. Which I am forever throwing away out of my other tank.

When you say cycle, are you adding additional ammonia? If so then don't bother. JI will leach some ammonia for a few weeks, but if you've got old filter media in there and happily growing plants then it may not be noticeable. I would just let the tank run for a few weeks until the plants look they've acclimatised and are throwing out new growth, then stock gradually.

Thought that about ji . My fish have been shipped from Thailand earlier than planned with shipper for rest of this week and then I am qt for a month. So hoping it will be done by then or fish will have to stay in qt until ready. Thanks

Back