• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Daily water changes and EI

Jaap

Hello,

I have understood that for a new setup or for any setup for that matter it is a good thing to conduct daily large water changes that can be made less frequent as time goes by. My questions are:

1. When is it best to do the water change before lights on, during lights on or after lights off? (The first and last are more likely the same)

2. If I do dose Macros today and tomorrow I do a water change and dose Micros will there be a problem that I have removed yesterday's Macros with the water change?

Thanks

Thanks for the answer mate...the second one wasn't a real answer though :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anyone on part 2? Clive? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just divide your weekly amounts by the number of times you do a water change. I don't really think a daily water change is necessary. It's really important to get rid of the gunk that accumulates on the leaves, so 2X-3X per week + wiping the leaves and fluffing the stems is all that's necessary. In any case if you do daily changes then just divide your weekly amounts by 7 and add that amount after each water change.

Cheers,

Back