• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dan's 180 Litre Jungle (ish)

dfinn

Hi,

I realised I haven't done a log on my tank yet so here it is:

IMG_1679_zpsklkscckv.jpg

Specs:

Tank: Juwel Rio 180
Lighting: 2x Standard T8s
Filter: Juwel Internal and Fluval 2 Internal
Substrate: Nutrasoil
Ferts: EI
CO2 - 5ml Easycarbo and DIY CO2 (started this weekend)
Plants: Various low demand - Java ferns, swords, hygrophilia, crypts
Fish: A mixed bunch, golden barbs, SAEs, Sucking loach, white clouds, harlequin rasboras, various tetras, ottos, cory.

I am currently playing around with DIY CO2 to keep myself occupied. I am wondering whether to invest more and upgrade lighting, CO2, substrate, filters (Basically the lot), but this is keeping me busy for now.

Hi,

Thanks, an FE setup is what I think I will end up with, but I think I need to get external filtration so I can get a CO2 reactor running inline rather than just diffusing, apparently you get better CO2 efficiency that way?

Dan

Couple of CO2 tweaks, now got 2 bottles running. Now bubbling into a small internal filter to spread the CO2 about better.

IMG_1680_zps6j78wvam.jpg

IMG_1681_zps293xzlws.jpg

On a side note this is a bit of a pain, bring on the fire extinguisher...

Dan

Drop checker definitely green now, so not going to dose with easycarbo if the CO2 levels are right now! Let's see if the plants approve

As long as you do not have vallis or similar like egeria, then you can continue dosing easycarb. Actually might be better to just ease out of it rather than stopping completely, or just continue dosing alongside the co2, the two methods should complement each other.

Would the sword on the far right front squeeze in between the rock and the filter? Would obviously help hide the filter but it just looks a bit out of place IMO Maybe the one on the front left too. Just my opinion though, other than that :thumbup:

Where abouts are you? I have a 2kg FE you can have if not too far away.

Hi,

NC10 That's just a bit of rogue Java Fern that should probably be removed. Yeh those crypts do look a bit daft, again may be pulled.

That's a very kind offer, have PM'd you.

Thanks,

Dan

Sorry my bad yeh it is, I'll have a bit of a play next time I'm due a water change, but I may be ripping the internal filter out all together, or shutting the whole lot down and getting an ADA tank to start a whole new project....

Update:

Not only are things not dying but I think my crinum natans is going to flower! I didn't even realise it did. The stem has grown about 5cm in 24 hours! For plants to actually flourish in my hands is something of a miracle!

IMG_1766_zpsy6291kbi.jpg

Untitled_zpstdzfz126.png

Dan

Back