Dan's Festival Tank 09

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
Well, as the FOF 09 approaches, i'm doing a new tank to display. I wanted to do something that most of the public that attend wont really of seen, so i went for a pretty basic iwagumi. I'm using HC, Lilliopsis, Tennelus and a bit of moss here and there. The substrate is ADA Bright Sand] and Aquasoil Amazonia Powder.
As you can see in the steps, my plans changed half way through the setup but i thought i'd post the pics anyway. I waqs going for an island but then i completely changed course :lol:
The tank and cabinet - An Aquariums Ltd 30 x 30 x 30cm Optiwhite and White finished cabinet.
I'll be filtering it using a Fluval 105 and using CalAqua Glassware inlets and outlets
Tankandcabinet.jpg

Step 1
Step1.jpg

Step 2 - Clear acrylic strip @ 30mm x 1000mm was looped and clipped into place to act as a barrier and prevent the substrates from mixing.
Step2-1.jpg

Step 3 - The Bright Sand is added to the outside
Step3-1.jpg

Step 4 - Aqua Soil added to the center
Step4-1.jpg

Step 5 - This is where it all changed, so, Aquasoil was added with a steep slope, rocks were added to help hold the Aquasoil in the slope and then more Aquasoil was added.
Step5.jpg

Step 6 - Start planting! This is not the finished tank, but if you wanna see it finIshed.......
Finished.jpg

.......GET DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL OF FISHKEEPING IN OCTOBER! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
stuworrall said:
very nice dan, nice to see a 30-30-30 cube, not many of them around. Looks like you got some studio lighting then or did you set off a nuke to get that white brightness! :lol:
Ha, i wish, check this out! Health and safety tastick :lol:
HeatandSafety.jpg

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
ha ha, got ya! It was a 500w workshop light and a bit of playing around in PS, looks a bit fake but hey ho, i couldn't take too long coz my bro and his mate were holding up the paper and moaning about it :lol:

lljdma06

Dan Crawford said:

That looks awefully precarious, there. :crazy:

Don't breathe too hard when taking pictures, okay? You want to actually go to the FOF, right?

llj

PS: I like the setup.

John Starkey

Hi Dan,
loving it mate,I hope to be there this year agaIn,see this weekend mate,
regards john.