• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DC question trapped air

I read in a post someone saying to let most of the trapped air in the glass style drop checker out so the minimum surface area is exposed in the neck of the DC which gives faster reactions, is there any truth int that?

AverageWhiteBloke said:
I read in a post someone saying to let most of the trapped air in the glass style drop checker out so the minimum surface area is exposed in the neck of the DC which gives faster reactions, is there any truth int that?

AWB

I would no - this is way the bottom of the neck of is a larger diameter than the curved part of the neck - its all down to surface area - so if you make the shoulder area smaller it will take longer as there is less surface area in contact with the water. If you want to remove the trapped o2, stick your finger up inside the dc - this will force the trapped air out.

Regards
Paul.

Thanks that's what made me ask the question, It makes sense presenting more surface area of water to the fluid I just wondered how they got a faster reading, I found it on another board while looking for somet6hing else.

AverageWhiteBloke said:
Thanks that's what made me ask the question, It makes sense presenting more surface area of water to the fluid I just wondered how they got a faster reading, I found it on another board while looking for somet6hing else.

AWB

4dkh solution + Bromo blue is very slow to react to Co2 levels within the water column, where Cal Aqua all in one solution is exceptional quick - when you do the cost analysis the cal aqua ready mixed solution is by far thebetter option - please read the attached:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9505&hilit=+drop+checker#p101902

Regards
Paul.

Back