• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deficiancy in Nymphoides sp Taiwan?

Lindy

Sorry have no pic to post at the mo but some of the leaves on my Nymphoides sp Taiwan have holes that look like areas of lace. The cryps look fine. I dose Profito once a week as per instructions. Lighting 15w over 54 litres. Easycarbo dosed daily.

Opinions welcome...

Re: Deficiancy in Nymphoides sp Taiwan? PHOTO ADDED

070812023.jpg

By ldcgroomer at 2012-08-07[/img]

Its a puffer tank so no snail survives long enough. Nothing else in there that I know of.

If it can be confirmed that the holes are not due to predation then it can only be due to poor CO2. You should therefore increase your daily dosages of EasyCarbo. You will also need a more robust nutrient mix than Profito when you increase the liquid carbon dosage.

Cheers,

i have found that this stuff isn't keen on to much carbo, i'm not sure what others think.

ianho said:
i have found that this stuff isn't keen on to much carbo, i'm not sure what others think.

Ian is it specifically Easycarbo or might it be happier with Flourish Excel ? Or are they essentially so similar that its just the glutaraldehyde that the Nymphoides does not like ?

ldcgroomer... what are the chances of you adding proper injected CO2 ?

Clive... would a reduction of lighting period also reduce the CO2 demand here ? Would that be another option for ldcgroomer?

Thanks Ian. I wasn't aware of this plant's negative response to gluteraldehyde. If so then the damage might even be related to the current dosage.

Generally, reduction of photoperiod does reduce the uptake demand, but as Ian points out, if the damage is due to the glut addition then this won't really help because it's a toxic reaction. Gas CO2 is the solution but that might be more complicated than the OP is willing to have. The only other option is to delete or reduce the gluteraldehyde addition and that could then be accompanied by a photoperiod reduction.

Cheers,

I did have the fluval mini kit but found it so difficult to set it every morning as the regulator is more than a bit crap I gave up with it. Think it is too small to fit a solenoid. I am growing this plant in my other tank too, same easycarbo and profito but the lighting is t5s 16watt over16litrht plus daylight from the window it is us sat beside and the plant looks fine so I didn't think uld be too much light. It might be getting a smaller dose of carbo in the wee tank as there are some CrsCDs n here they don't like the stuff....sorry if this post is odd, phone won't let me fix spelling errors and keeps adding letters to stuff. Damn predictive text...

I don't have room to fit a large bottle co2. Space is an issue around the tank.

Yeah, it's really hard to be sure which direction to go because we don't have any hard numbers to compare. Try lowering the dosage and see if things improve and then try increasing the dosage. See which works best.

Cheers,

Any reason why you could not fit a solenoid on the fluval mini ? Which model is it you have ? the 95g one ?

Hi all. I want to keep this tank as low tech as possible so may just take this plant out. Can anyone suggest something to replace it, similar in leaf shape that doesn't get too big that could take its place? Could swap with someone? I have a pot of 1-2 grow worth of this stuff and it has grown well...
Lindy

Back