• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Scapers 35 Ltr. What lights are you all using??

si walker

Hi all.
I have been thinking about trying out a new light on my D S 35ltr.
For quite a few years now, since i set up my tank I have used two Aquael Leddy Plant Lights (6w each i believe). Honestly they have been brilliant, but as i am now using CO2 and my plants are more varied, I feel like i could benefit from a better light spread in the tank, especially the front.
So i was just trying to get a view of what you are all using? I guess theres at least a hand full of people with the same tank or similar?
I was looking at the ONF Flat Nano Light, Chihiros C2? (similar to ONF design) and the Chihiros wrgb slim 30.
One thing that had crossed my mind was that the clip on lights are so handy when you do a maintenance session, as you can keep one to the side whilst still on....
Anyway lets see what comes back from you all.
I will post a recent pic after a rescape a couple of weeks back.

Thanks youl.

Si

Attachments

• sitank.jpg
    sitank.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 46
oh.!
i keep seeing this WeekAqua on the forum.
I honestly thought it was someones name for a Journal ...
Been a long week already.

Will have a look at this on the train!:thumbup:

Reactions: Cor
Nice tank @si walker . Liking the vibe. A side question for you, do you ever get your bacopa dividing after trimming? Mine always grows in a single stem like yours there, but I'm sure it wasn't like that when I bought the plant originally. Maybe a submerged vs emersed thing?

I've thought often about getting this tank, and if i did, i'd use a chihiros A2 series, excellent colour rendition, and programmable.

Chihiros B series also a good option imo.

Don't mean to derail your thread but I've been thinking about setting up a Dennerle 35L and was considering those Leddy lights you've been using, do you think one would be enough for a low-tech tank with mostly slower growing plants? I was also looking at the Twinstar 30B but figured it might be too powerful.

Don't mean to derail your thread but I've been thinking about setting up a Dennerle 35L and was considering those Leddy lights you've been using, do you think one would be enough for a low-tech tank with mostly slower growing plants? I was also looking at the Twinstar 30B but figured it might be too powerful.
I think that they are really great.
They're adaptable in the sense that you can have them anywhere along the edge of your tank.
I want to put 2 together and illuminate a planted section and not an unplanted or open water area.
You could also do that with a low tech approach.
Fish like a less harsh light as well.
I've only ever used two, but still tape out a section of the light.
I will try to post a picture of how they look.

Back