• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle scapers tank 50 "Little dutch on the rocks"

Mannic05

Today i have start whit the hardscape of my Dennerle scapers tank. It is inspired on the big dutch style aquariums.i have tried to make some sort of zones whit the lava stone layout. Each zone i plant in whit another sort of plant species, looking in leaf style, plant color etc.

The specs of the tank
Tank: Dennerle 50 litre scapers tank
Filter: JBL e701
Heater: Hydor 200watt inline heater.
Light: Daytime eco40.3 led light bar.
Co2 presurized.

Substrate Jbl volcano mineral
Soil, ADA amazonia topped off ADA Amazonia powder.

WP_20151230_19_48_30_Pro_zpsv8f3njl0.jpg
WP_20151230_19_48_20_Pro_zpsgvzzgrao.jpg

hello mate ! why don't you try to bring the two big stones a little bit closer ; and also close in the little ones so you could build a steeper slope ; I believe it will make your hardscape more impressive, add more drama , you know ; dutch style ? don't know about it, I would put a green carpeting plant around those red stones and a green echinodorus behind the big stones, or a Crinum calmistratum, you know , volcano style ?

You could (change everything) ... but then your tank will be more "nature aquarium" than "dutch" ;)

I suspect it will look rather good just continuing on with your present scape as well :)

Definitely try various stone positions & post photos here
- but also remember that much of the stone scape is often obscured as plants grow in.

You could (change everything) ... but then your tank will be more "nature aquarium" than "dutch" ;)

I suspect it will look rather good just continuing on with your present scape as well :)

Definitely try various stone positions & post photos here
- but also remember that much of the stone scape is often obscured as plants grow in.

Thats right, but i got soms tips on a dutch forum what where eye openers. I will post soms photo soon about the changes. Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the late reply but was a little busy whit work. The scape is running since one week now.

These are the plants what i have use:

Hemiantus callitrichoides
Ranuncules inundates
Alternanthera Rosanervig
Hydrocotyle tripartita "Japan"
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala Species Green
Micranthemum umbrosum
And for the start up period i use salvina natans floating plants.

This picture was taken 2 hours after setup
WP_20160108_17_35_45_Pro_zpsnbwk0co4.jpg

WP_20160108_17_35_54_Pro_zpsirxcy6mh.jpg

And this photo i have taken a couple hours ago, i think its growing very well, what do you readers think a should i start trimming or should i wait a little bit longer.

WP_20160115_19_26_43_Pro_zpswnibcwvf.jpg

I hope that im doing a good job.

Hi ! It's been 2 months since you started, so it's time for a trim; but don't trim all the plants at the same time! That could bring " unbalance " to the " force" ; for instance you could trim one group of plants and few days later another one and so on; anyway plants have different growth speed; for instance I wouldn't touch Alternanthera at this moment

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Back