• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different shrimp baby from same batch?

logi-cat

Hi, is it possible to get a different shrimp baby from the same batch? My RCS gave birth to what i thought were all RCS babies, but some of them aren't. Any reason why? what can you cross breed with RCS?

Basilcally any shrimp from the same genus will cross. So, Red Cherry [Neocardina sp] will cross with yellow, blue pearl, snowball or any other Neocardina sp shrimp.

How long have you had them and what else is in the tank?

Thanks,

Mike.

They were berried when i bought them so who knows. The shrimp in question are a dark grey colour if that helps. Maybe tiger shrimp? have no idea.

Oh bugger! I would start by taking out any that look grey to prevent any further breeding with the proper uns! You should be able to bring them back to pure cherry again. You got a net and good eyesight!!??

Just take out the grey ones. Be careful though male cherries have low colour while females are redder. The poor colour shrimp could simply be male cherries?

Any chance of posting a picture of one of the grey shrimp? Hopefully we can id for sure before you start to remove.

sorry for the wait, but here are the pictures. Camera isnt very good but you get the idea. Both shrimps came from RCS.

img0102cl.jpg

img0112au.jpg

img0117wh.jpg

img0118ul.jpg

Back